Residential Air Conditioning Repair
E•D•S Air Conditioning offers residential air conditioning repair to homeowners in Palm Beach County.
It’s not common for your Air Conditioning to act up from time to time, if you ignore warning signs of air conditioner troubles, it can be much more costly to repair in the long term. Diminished cooling capacity not only makes your home uncomfortably warm, but it also raises your energy bills as your unit struggles to maintain the desired temperature ineffectively.
Schedule an appointment to have an E•D•S technician repair you’re A/C unit before it becomes a bigger issue.
5 DIY Tips for Maintaining Your Air Conditioning Unit
1) Change your filter. The simplest and most effective way to keep your Air Conditioning running smoothly is changing your filter once a month.
2) Keep your coils clean. Leaves and other debris sometimes accumulate around your unit. If obstructions are present, your unit must work harder to function than it should.
3) Keep surrounding shrubbery trimmed. If you have planted shrubbery around your unit to hide it from view, be sure to leave adequate space around it for the unit to function without obstruction.
4) Adjust your thermostat. If you are away for large stretches of time every day, adjust your thermostat to a higher temperature for the time you are away. This will lessen the amount of time your unit has to work each day, and will lengthen its life cycle.
5) Schedule an annual tune-up with an E•D•S Professional. A trained E•D•S HVAC technician can detect most problems before they become major ones. A typical tune-up will include various tests to ensure your unit’s internal parts are functioning correctly, as well as a filter check, and a refrigerant charge if needed. Your technician will likely also clear the drain, and clean your unit thoroughly inside and out.